Yesterday we had our first of many "uh oh"'s. My wonderful husband had given me the day off to read/nap ect. There was one hitch with this. He had done two things: stayed up all night to make me breakfast in the morning, hurt his knee at work the night before. So he was pretty out of it. However, I was not going to pass up the offer for time alone.
So I was upstairs enjoying my time alone when I noticed things get pretty quiet. I kept thinking "how much can she get into, her Daddy is right there." A few minutes later I hear Tony say: "uh-oh. Daddy is in trouble." Before I even came down stairs I knew what my darling little girl had gotten herself into: my mother's day dove chocolate that I had left sitting on the couch. Sure enough I came down to find Tony pulling gold tin foil flakes out of her mouth and this......
Covered in chocolate.
This used to be a square.
With out the wrapper.
Needless to say I kind of enjoyed it. It was nice that the first "uh-oh" was on Daddy and not Mommy. This same thing could of easily of happened to me....although I think I would of caught her a little quicker. I also think I would of chosen something else for her to get into seeing as how we are trying to avoid things like chocolate (she's under one and she has an uncle who is severely allergic to milk and milk products). However, I'm glad it wasn't something dangerous like a chemical. I have been around kids and moms enough to know that this is just going to happen, there is no avoiding it. The best thing to do is tell them that they shouldn't do it and snap pictures for future blackmail. It made for a rather enjoyable Mother's Day. Here are a few more pictures of the day.....
Me and my beautiful girl. We were enjoying the outside while Tony cooked up some delicious steaks. Lake that night he also grilled some garlic and butter shrimp....amazing.
She gets SO excited about the slide. I hadn't even let her slide down yet.