Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009, Hello 2010

     What a year this has been.  I could have never have imagined EVERYTHING we as a family would of gone through this past year.  It was the most amazing and difficult year all at the same time.  Here are a few of the highlights:

Turing 21:  Tony and I both turned 21.  Mine was in January and Tony's was in April.  Even though the birthday's seemed huge at the time, it does not seem like quit the same impact now. 
January Pregnancy Picture
Tony in April when we visited St. Louis for the weekend.

St. Louis:  Tony and I went to St. Louis as a prebaby celebration.  It is something I recommend everybody do.  What a great way to go and celebrate our new family.

1st Year Anniversary:  In June we celebrated our first year of marriage.  We enjoyed a nice dinner at home.  I was a bit big to enjoy much else. 


Sweet Pea's Birth: Of course our biggest news of the year is Sweet Pea.  Wow!  She has changed our lives so much.  I knew a child would change us, but not to the extent it did.  I mean this in positive and negative ways.  Sweet Pea has been a true blessing.  However, she has also put our marriage through some of its most difficult challenges.  I have been thankful for a God of mercy and grace who has been patient with me as a wife and a mother, desiring to teach me so much!!!


Hysterectomy:  As many of you know, shortly after Sweet Pea's birth the unexpected rocked our world.  I had to have an emergency hysterectomy.  To read more on the details of this check out our blog in August, September, and October.  God completely changed our world within an hours time.  Again this has been both trying and a blessing.  We have given up many hopes and dreams.  I still daily greive the loss of future biological children.  Sometimes I am overwhelmed with saddness.  Many times I am unsure of who to talk to or what to say.  However, Tony and I are excited to be given a chance to adopt more children then we could of ever dreamed.  I love to talk to people about this opportunity.  I see God open doors and hearts through our story.  It is only something God could do.  Here is a picture of our family in the ICU.  Sweet Pea is less then 24 hours old.


Graduation:  My personal milestone was graduating from ISU w/ a Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Sciences/Family Relationships.  I may never do anything with my degree, as I am excited to be a stay at home mom.  However, I am excited to share this moment with my supportive husband and adoring daughter.


This year has brought me through the biggest emotional rollercoasters of my life.  God has grown my faith beyond anything I could have every of imagined.  I feel like our journey is just beginning.  I ask that those of you who have been praying for our family continue.  Our losses with in the last year cause daily grief.  We are striving to follow God's plan and purpose for our lives.  We also have a scary year ahead of us.  Tony will be graduating in May and is currently looking for a job.  We are unsure of what the future holds or where it will be head.  We also hope to begin our adoption journey this coming summer.  We are not sure whether that will entail just research or whether that means we will begin the daunting but worthwhile paper trail. I will leave you with one last picture of our little chica, hopefully you will find a good smile or laugh in this picture.  May God bless you in the new year!

No comments: