Tony and I decided that we were going to start a week before Easter (on Palm Sunday) and each night concentrate on a different aspect of the Easter Story. Each day will have an item and an activity to represent it. The items that represent it will be placed in Easter eggs. On Saturday we will have an Easter Egg Hunt (yes, we do still carry that tradition, but the Easter Bunny does not deliver the eggs) and these eggs will be the biggest part of it.
We are using the NIrV Storybook Bible: Read with Me Bible. We LOVE this Bible. The words are straight from scripture and the pictures are incredible.
Another great Bible is The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name.
Day 1: Jesus Enters Jerusalem (Matt 21, Mark 11, Luke 19)/Mary Pours Perfume (John 12)
- Item: Palm Branch/Small Bottle of Perfume
- Activity: Make a Palm Branch (Addilece did this at church today)
- Item: A piece of cloth
- Activity: Do something for someone else to serve them
- Item: Bread
- Activity: Break the bread apart while talking and have each person enjoy
- Item: Sword
- Activity: Make a sword, play fight like the disciples but talk about how Jesus told them to "STOP" and why
- Item: Gavel
- Activity: Make a gavel like a judge would have
- Item: Cross
- Activity: Make a cross from branches and wire
- Item: Rock
- Activity: Make Empty Tomb Treats
- Item: Empty Egg
- Activity: Eat empty tomb treats, attend an Easter service