Monday, April 2, 2012

Goal Update: March

This has been a crazy month.  Mid month we did the last things necessary to finish our Foster Care License.  We should have that in our hands any day.  However, finish up the process took more time and effort and energy then we realized.  Tony and I were both so worn down we got sick.  While doing this we also purchased a van and bought four new windows for our house (both things that needed to be done for our license and growing family).   All this affected many of these goals this month.

1. Have Addilece finish potty trained at nap and night time:

Progress:We have discovered a lot about our child while potty training her.  She is an easy road out type of girl and cold turkey is the best scenario.  So we cut her off cold turkey from her nap time diaper. She has done great.  Today she should hit day 14 in a row of staying dry.  This is going to earn  her a trip to the local Children's Discovery Museum.  


2. Build our savings and emergency funds back to where we would like them and leave them there: 

Progress:  We are at 100% for our savings and 41% for our emergency. 

3. Put an extra $3000 toward school loans

Progress:1%

4. Spend two weekends/overnights together as a couple: 

Progress: My wonderful husband surprised me with a weekend together for my birthday.  Isn't he amazing.  So we are 50% done and completed within our time frame of first one before June.

5. Finish our wedding scrapbook and start our family album:

Progress: I spent one night scrapbooking and finished two pages. It was a quick night on the last day of the month (talk about cutting it close).  I have a few details to work out and the reception to do (2 to 4 pages) and I'm complete with our wedding srapbook.


6. Do Bible Study more regularly as a couple:

Progress: We study the Bible together 15 times as a couple.  That is 3.3 times a week.  Much improved from last month but its not 4 yet.  That will remain our goal for next month. 
 
7. Feel healthy:

Progress:  1 1/2 inches on the waist and six pounds.  I definitely feel much healthier.  However, I tried on my summer clothes this month and was pretty bummed that what I remember fitting last year is pretty snug this year.  So I still have work to do.  Tony is working out twice a day.  I'm proud of him.

8. Have  more homemade and less store boughten products in the house: 

Progress: We made nothing new this month.  I'm hoping for homemade granola (my sis-in-laws recipe) this month and maybe a few other snacky but healthy items.  

9. Have Addilece understand (be able to verbalize) the gospel message:

Progress:  She began Sunday School this month.  I love love love to hear her tell  me things.  She will randomly declare "God is always with us." or "Jesus walked on water." or "Judas didn't like what Jesus said, he left."  I'm so excited to have a church that teaches her deep Biblical truths at a young age.

10. Be more diligent about Addilece's Awana (first) and school (second). 

Progress:  Not good this month.  Hoping to get back on the band wagon for April.

2 comments:

Preston said...

You bought a mini van? You know that means you have to officially hand in your cool card, right?

Tony and Heather Snyder said...

Yes I know. But it cost a whole lot of money to keep a cool card, I must say. It won't be the last time on this journey we have to pack that away...lol