Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Rejected

"The visit went alright, but only mom was there."

-Sigh-

I knew that the words that our kids' Transporter had just uttered could mean disaster.  I wondered what world wind of emotions and behavior would surface in the next 24 hours.

It hit Baby Girl the hardest.

"Baby Girl, where is your hair thing?"  She hands it to me with a clump of hair that stayed in when she ripped it out.  "You know your beautiful?"  "NO." "You are.  You are such a beautiful little girl."  Covers face and says again, "No."

Unworthy.

Words like "I miss mommy." and "I want my daddy." tumbled from her mouth.

Loneliness.

Disrespect to both Tony and myself and refusals of hugs were the order of the night.

Rejection.

A rough supper time meal filled with many tears.

Hurt.

Time spent together at bedtime talking about the day in which she informed me that she missed her mommy and daddy but was angry at her daddy.

Abandonment.

A little girl whose heart was deeply stung by what she feels is her father's rejection.  We are praying that one days these kids will come to know a Heavenly Father who believes they are worth wild, beautiful, special.  A Heavenly Father who will never abandon or reject them.

No, I will not abandon you as orphans--I will come to you.
John 14:18, NLT

No comments: