Thursday, January 3, 2013

2012 Goals Complete

When I wrote out my 2013 goals I mentioned that we stopped recording some goals because of how personal certain things became.  However, I wanted to update you on how I did do on a few goals:

*Have Addilece finish potty trained at nap and night time:  She is completely potty trained at nap time.  We decided to back off  the night time.  In December she decided she didn't want to wear diapers at night.  We went cold turkey.  We have gotten up to six nights dry at a time but are still having some accidents.  I'm really proud of her.  She only asked to go back into a diaper once, but we said no.  Once we offered it and she refused!

*Spend two weekends/overnights together as a couple:  Tony suprised me with a weekend alone in January and around Christmas we got a night alone.  Thanks to my parents for taking care of Addilece both times!
 
*Finish our wedding scrapbook and start our family album:  I finished all but the reception in our wedding album....that should only be a page or two and a night or two to finish.  I just need to get the pictures printed.  I started and completed our first family album.

*Do Bible Study more regularly as a couple:  We did alright before the kids came, not great after the kids came.

*Have Addilece understand the gospel message: She has got it and so does Big Brother.  I don't think Addilece will ever be one of those kids who has a clear cut salvation date.  But who knows?  It has not made it to Big Brother's heart yet and we aren't pushing that.  We are of the mindset that you evangelize your kids no matter what age they are and what "decisions" they have made.

10. Be more diligent about Addilece's Awana (first) and school (second).: We were better about this after the kids came, amazingly enough.  Hoping to do even better in 2013.

No comments: