Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fall Festivities: A Day at the Pumpkin Patch


Tony had Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off this last week. A rarity for us (thank you Lord for the rain). We decided to take full advantage of this and go to the pumpkin patch. This was a lot of firsts for us/me. I have never actually gone pumpkin picking (I've been to a pumpkin patch though), I've never carved a pumpkin, I've never eaten pumpkin seeds, and we've never been on a family outing like this since Sweet Pea was born.
 It was a cold and very wet day, but it was so worth it. There farm isn't huge but they sure do have a lot in it. Everything is FREE except facepainting and the corn maze. If we are still in this area in years to come then I think it will easily be a family favorite.
Get a load of this cutie pa tutie. Don't you just love the matching sweater and hat. I don't think she was necessarily too thrilled w/them.
Walking through the pumkin patch w/ Daddy (already fast asleep).
We found one!
Can you believe this monster?

Yes, they were pretty heavy...and yes I am a weakling.

She was both small and lighter then these pumpkins. She was a whole lot lighter. Tony's is the fat round one and mines the very tall one.

Tony cleaning out the insides of his pumpkin so we could bake the seeds...yummy!

Carving a pumpkin for the first time. Check out the knife hanging out of the nose of Tony's pumpkin....needless to say we have't baby proofed our house yet. :P
The finished result. I thought they turned out pretty cool. Mine is a "family-o-lantern" and Tony's is Gweedo. I decided next year I was doing an easier design.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big she has gotten!! I miss all of you very much!!

When will I get to see my little ladies?

~Auntie Megan