Monday, May 16, 2011

Book Review: When Hurt Runs Deep

My most recent book up for review was When Hurt Runs Deep by Kay Aurthur.  Kay is strong in her faith.  She is a very wise woman of God.  This book is full of her wisdom and experience.  However, she backs everything she says with strong biblical evidence.  There is almost as much Scripture as there is of Kay's words in this book. 

Kay talks about the twelve principles of healing from something that hurts you deep.  Because of the sin filled world we live in we will always be surrounded by hurt and suffering.  However, what I liked most about this book was the conviction and peace it brought about for the things that didn't effect me deep down in my soul.  It is definitely a book I would recommend to everyone.

This book is a slow read.  It is one that you will want to sit down in read in a good chunk of time.  You will also want a pen and highlighter handy.  Because of my current life schedule I was not able to sit down for long lengths of time often.  It is still an excellent book, however.

This book was given to me by WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing company.  It was given to be free with no other compensation other than my review.  The opinions expressed in this review are purely my own.

No comments: