I feel like we live in our car. For the last almost seven months we have been driving and driving and driving. We have two kids in school. We have one child in Speech and counseling. We have another child in counseling. We have a child who has need to see several different types of Specialists. Then there is church and Awana. Plus you have all the basics like dentist, well child checks, and sick child appointments.
Did I mention we live 25 miles from the town were most of this takes place?
Needless to say we have put a LOT of miles on our van. Since we bought it in April we have put over 9,000 miles on it. Yikes.
This also means that our kids spend a LOT of time in the van. And that isn't so thrilling. When not in the van they sit in lobbies waiting for appointments to end.
So I have decided to take 21 steps to help to save some the sanity that goes with the craziness. These can be done in any order and I won't necessarily do one a day.
1. Figure out supplies and dimensions for activity bags.
2. Buy supplies to make activity bags.
3. Make a activity bag for Addilece.
4. Make a activity bag for Addilece.
5. Make an activity bag for Big Brother.
6. Make an activity bag for Big Brother.
7. Make an activity bag for Little Man.
8. Make an activity bag for Little Man.
9. Make an activity bag for Baby Girl.
10. Make an activity bag for Baby Girl.
11. Fill and hang 2 activity bags in the car.
12. Fill and hang 2 activity bags in the car.
13. Decide on chores and reward systems for each of the kids.
14. Print, glue, and laminate chores
15. Make boards and attach chores
16. Hang bulliten boards and designate each one.
17. Design a weekly out and about food prep plan.
18. Begin keep filled water bottles in the fridge for quick use.
19. Start preparing quick meals and snacks once a week based on schedule.
20. Buy a basket to hang by the door.
21. Hang the basket.