Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Blogging for Books: God Loves Me More Than That

After seeing blog after blog post free books for blogging for books I knew I had to get on board.  I checked it out and ordered my first book.

God Loves Me More Then That by Dandi Daley Mackall is a book for young children.  It is about how much God loves them.  The pictures in this book were incredible!  The artist (David Hohn) did an amazing job capturing life in a new way.  I loved the concept of the book.  It stretches a child's imagination to just how much God loves them.  When they think semi truck or elephant they think BIG and that is the point of the book.  My 18 month old got a huge kick out of the book.  In 24 hours we have probably 10 to 15 times.  She loves to also sit independently and flip through the pages.  She pours over every detail of the pictures.

I didn't like that the book was written more for boys (treasure, trucks, space ships) but it doesn't seem to bug my daughter, yet.  I also didn't like that the books switched between God and Lord.  I think they should have stuck with one.  There was one sentence that was not grammatically correct and it bugs both my husband and myself every time I read it.

Overall its a great book and it teaches kids amazing lessons.  I'm excited its in our library.

This book was provided free of charge from Blogging for Books for my personal review.  Receiving this item free did not sway my opinion on the book.  These views are completely my own.

No comments: