Thursday, February 23, 2012

Simple Faith

We use the word orphan all the time in our house all the time.  The other day Addilece asked what an orphan was.  I told her that an orphan is someone who doesn't have a mommy or a daddy.

My little girl pondered this for a few seconds and looked up at me and declared, "We have to take care of them mommy.  They need a mommy and daddy."

Faith.  It's so simple for a child.  They don't see dollar signs, birth order issues, room issues, or any of the other "inconveniences" that throw us adults into a tizzy when we think about the orphan crisis.  A child sees a need and declares we must fill it.

Jesus had a heart for the child.  He understood that a child's simple faith is what was need to inherit the Kingdom of Heaven. 

 I pray that we as adults step back and have the simple faith of child.  The simple faith that says, "A child doesn't have a mommy and daddy. We are a mommy and daddy.  We can be a mommy and daddy to that child."  And let God do the rest.


1 comment:

mihartm87 said...

I LOVE YOUR DAUGHTER! I of course love you both too, but I love that she already sees a need and wants to fill it! I can't wait to see how God is going to work this weekend at the Orphan conference! See you there!