Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pinterest Pin: Perfect or Problematic?

I love Pinterest.  But I'm always wondering if a pin will really work the way it is talked up.  I thought I would share what works for us and what is a total flop.

The Pin: Moon Sand. (Sorry there is no blog to link this back to)
Mix 8 cups of flour and 1 cup of baby oil.
 
What's Good?:
  •  The smell....OH MY.  It made my home smell so amazing.
  •  The feel...it was SO soft and felt wonderful in your hands.
  •  The cost...extremely low.
  •  The kids absolutely loved this.  It kept them very entertained.  One of my kids loves to dig his hands into things like this.  I had to pull him away from it after an hour and a half.
  •  It is so much FUN for them.  It was easy to shape and mold and build with.
  •  It can be stored and reused later.
 What's Bad?:
  • MESSY.  This is extremely messy.  It is best done outdoors and in old clothing. 
Conclusion:  For my kids it is perfect, as long as I go into it with the mindset of being messy.



No comments: