1. Each bedroom has a big square laundry basket in it for dirty laundry.
2. Each day one child must bring it down and another must sort it. They flip flop this job. It took me awhile to teach them how to sort but they've got it now (for the most part).
3. I handle all washing and drying at this point. Sometimes the kids will haul a load of laundry to a machine because they got an "energy drain" or just because they can be really sweet like that.
4. When a load is done I take it over to our folding area (a window seat in the dining room). The kids maintain their color system that they have in their cups. Each has a basket I bought at Wal-Mart (I believe it was $2.50) that I sort their clothing into. We have another basket for Tony and my clothing and a third basket for sheets, towels, rags, etc.
6. Each child takes their basket and puts their own clothing away.
And that's what works for us. How does your family manage laundry?