Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Daily Schedule

I hate to admit it but I have some up with a daily schedule for myself.  I never wanted to be tied into something like that.  However, I'm discovering if I don't I let myself loose time on worthless stuff, I can go whole days without reading to my kiddo or taking time to really focus on her (and constantly telling Tony I should really do more of xyz with her), and I wasn't going to be able to accomplish some of the schooling goals we have for Addilece in the future.  I'm trying to remember that it is a guideline and not set in stone.  Here it is:

6:30- wake up and eat breakfast (my hubby laughed when he saw this because he gets up at 6 with Addilece, but he didn't tell me I needed to change it.  Gotta love a man who knows his wife and her need for sleep.)
7-7:15- Get Tony out the door (iron shirt, pack lunch, etc)
7:15-8:00- Get Addilece and myself ready for the day (shower for me, bath for Addilece, get dressed)....sometime in here I squeeze in 10 minutes of working out.
8:00-9:00- Load of laundry and load of dishes, prep for supper (thaw meat, start crock pot or bread machine if needed)/ Addilece has free play (we are trying to prep her for being a sibling and going to school by playing on her own for parts of the day
9:00-11:30- Addilece Time (we do a learning segment which will be more concrete in the fall, we do a Bible time, we play outside, take walks, go to the Library, read, color, etc)
11:30- Lunch (although this has been more like 11 to 11:15) and clean up
12:00- Reading time (we read two book of Addilece's choice and a chapter book)
12:30- Daddy calls
1:00-2:00- Mommy Time (Bible study, nap, reading, computer)/ Addilece naps
2:00-4:00- Clean house (big projects)/Addilece Naps
4:00-5:00- Get ready for Tony to come home (straighten house, put on makeup if not done already, sweep and vaccum, make bed)/Addilece gets a snack and watches a show then either does a directed activity, hangs out on the porch, or does free play
5:00-6:00- Get supper ready/ Addilece helps, plays, and sets the table (one of her daily jobs, along with picking her her plate after all three meals and putting away her toys)
6:00-6:30- Supper and clean up
6:30-7:45- Family time (play, walk, read, maybe a movie)
7:45- Bedtime Routine begins
8:00- Addilece goes to bed and adult time begins

How is it working?  Alright.  I'm not always on top of things but even on unproductive days I get more done then before.  How about you?  Do you have a daily schedule?  Do you like it?  e

1 comment:

Kayla said...

My schedule varies day by day (since life isn't really predictable right now), but I have had a schedule each day since I was in high school. I typically make a list of what I'd like to accomplish the next day before I go to bed. I figure out how much sleep I want to get (to determine when I wake up), and then list different time allotments. It really helps me stay on task, accomplish more in less time, and be able to measure my accomplishments at the end of the day. I love having a schedule.