Monday, October 8, 2012

One Amazing Guy

One thing that Foster Care has taught me.....my husband is amazing.  Rarely does a day go by that he doesn't do something that makes me stop and say, "wow, he is just incredible."
Tony has been working over time a lot lately.  Last week was his "easy" week...................he put in 5 to 10 hours of overtime.  Yikes.  And what does he do EVERY night.  Wrestling, flips, books, school work, house work, baths, bed time routines, wife encouragement and SO MUCH MORE.  And what does he do for the weekends. More wrestling, flips, and books. He also does house repair, any activities that need to be done, dishes, laundry, and so so so much more.
Often moms get the brunt of the work in Foster Care.  And in some ways that's true.  I do most of the day to day disciplining and house work.  However, to have a husband who comes home and never (sincerly never) says, "I just need a break."  or "I can't be Dad tonight."  is mind boggling.  He gives and gives and gives and is often under appreciated for it.
 Do you get my point yet?  That he is amazing?  He sacrifices everything for his family and I mean everything.  I'm not sure why God gave him to me, but I'm humbled and thankful.  And I'm beyond blessed that my kids get to call him Daddy.

No comments: