Friday, September 9, 2011

Quick Update

Just a quick update to say....the home inspection went well.  After talking to a fellow adoptive momma licensed by the same person I found the whole thing rather humorous.  He was stuck on the fact that we don't have a gate at the top of our stairs (we own one, we just don't use it) and the fact that we don't have storm windows on all our windows.  We also need to get two more smoke detectors (basement and attic) and a carbon monoxide detector.

I always enjoy hearing the stories of what kids do during these inspections.  Typically they do something they would have never of done on a regular bases.  Our child was no exception.  She fell in our yard and cried (thankfully he didn't notice).  She fell off our playset (which she hasn't done since we first moved in).  He already didn't like it (but didn't tell us to change anything), the falling didn't help.  She also was jumping on our guest bed, which is pushed up against a two windows, and pounded on the window really hard.  I thought she was going to break it and fall through.  This was right after he started talking about storm windows.

After measuring our rooms he declared, "this house is definitely licesnable."  It made my heart smile.

Tony and I crashed (as in fell asleep) in front of a movie at 9 last night.  The weeks had finally caught up with us and we could allow the fatigue to roll over us. (Anybody who knows my husband knows this is very uncommon for him).  I woke up this morning and thought, "what am I going to do today?"  The house was clean.  There are few dishes.  And it was raining so no line drying clothes.  My head wasn't full of the hundreds of things still needing done.  It was amazing!

Now to work on paperwork (which I already started-its a pile but not too bad), take our nine weeks of classes, and get our physicals, background checks, and finger prints.

No comments: