Saturday, September 24, 2011

Faith

By faith we understand...
By faith Abel...
By faith Enoch...
By faith Noah...
By faith Abraham...
By faith even Sarah....
By faith Isaac...
By faith Jacob...
By faith Joseph...
By faith Moses' parents...
By faith Moses...
By faith the people...
By faith the prostitute Rahab...


The "faith chapter" in Hebrews was part of Tony and my couple's devotions the other night.  I had had a rough week (s) and was worn down, stressed, and worried.  Each "By faith..." hit me with both a peace and conviction.  Lately I've been struggling with just having faith.  I have a running list of things in my mind we need for foster care, a deadline of when we need them buy, and an overwhelming number of how much they are going to cost.  But it was all about me/us. "How are WE going to afford that? Where can WE find that cheaper? What should WE do about that?"  Most of my day was filled with these questions and formulating a plan to carry it all out.  Turning it over to God is never easy and I have to repeat to myself almost every hour of every day, "God is in control.  God loves orphans.  God has called us to do this.  Let God provide."   God is working on my faith.

No comments: